CHECK ME This page content has to be reviewed. Remove this tag after we are sure content is all right.
This section guides you through submitting an enhancement. It includes new features and minor improvements to existing functionality. Following these guidelines helps maintainers and the community understand your suggestion and find related suggestions.
Before suggesting enhancement, please perform basic troubleshooting steps:
- Make sure you’re on the latest version. If you’re not on the most recent version, your enhancement may have been available already! Upgrading is always the best first step.
- Determine which repository the enhancement should be suggested in
- Search the repository issues to see if the enhancement has already been suggested. If it has, add a comment to the existing issue instead of opening a new one.
How Do I Submit A Enhancement Suggestion?
Enhancements are tracked as GitHub issues. After you’ve determined which repository your enhancement is related to, create an issue on that repository and provide the following information:
- Use a clear and descriptive title for the issue to identify the suggestion.
- Provide a step-by-step description of the suggested enhancement in as many details as possible.
- Provide specific examples to demonstrate the steps. Include copy/pasteable snippets which you use in those examples, as Markdown code blocks.
- Describe the current behavior and explain which behavior you expected to see instead and why.
- Include screenshots and animated GIFs. You can use this tool to record GIFs on macOS and Windows, and this tool or this tool on Linux.
- Explain why this enhancement would be useful
- List some other text editors or applications where this enhancement exists.
- Specify which version of app you’re using. You can get the exact commit hash by running
git log -p -2 in your terminal.
- Specify the name and version of the OS you’re using.